FallingForYA

Falling For YA

The Rules for Disappearing - Ashley Elston The Rules for Disappearing follows Meg as she tries to figure out what happened to land her family in the witness protection program. She has been in 6 placements since she got stuck in the program and her family is falling apart. Meg wants this to be her last placement but with her track record she isn’t hopeful.

Possibly my favorite thing about this novel was that Meg had a part time job at a Pizza Place. When I was in High School my family owned a pizza place so I really relate to characters that work at family owned pizzeria’s. It also instantly biases me to enjoying a novel more when I see a character working.

I really liked Meg she was very mature and willing to do anything to protect her family and those she cared about. My favorite thing about her was her relationship with her younger sister Mary. Meg took care of her, got her to school, and helped her come out of the shell that she had assembled because of the program. I also liked that Meg was really no-nonsense, she didn’t get roped in to school drama and she was willing to call people out.

Another aspect of this novel I enjoyed was the relationship between Meg and Ethan. Ethan was both sweet and supportive. He didn’t press too hard when Meg was unwilling to give him information about her past, and when everything did come out he was there for her and willing to do anything to help. He was the model of how a good boyfriend should act.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Rules for Disappearing it was action packed with enough twists and turns to keep me interested and I am eagerly looking forward to the sequel!