FallingForYA

Falling For YA

The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa The Immortal Rules was probably my favorite vampire novel last year, in an oversaturated market it was a breath of fresh air. I loved that it reminded me of two of my favorite movies I Am Legend and Underworld. Needless to say I was excited to start The Eternity Cure and continue the series.

The Eternity Cure begins a few months after Allison has left the humans at Eden and she is now searching for her sire. Kanin is being held captive and tortured by the awesomely crazy vampire Sarren. During her search Allison comes across her blood brother Jackal and we all know the excellent parting terms the two of them left on, from there awesome-ness ensues and the book hooked me in just like the last one.

My favorite part of the story was once again Jackal. I was in the minority during the Immortal Rules when I declared by love for Jackal but now it looks like the minority has became the majority and everyone seems to have enjoyed his presumptuous, asshat personality. Jackal really added to the story and can’t wait to see more of him!

I also really liked the turn the relationship between Zeke and Allison took in this novel. During The Immortal Rules Zeke was just too goody goody for me. I wanted to roll my eyes at him and was actually kind of excited when Allison left him at Eden…I thought maybe Allison and Jackal could then have some kind of future, where they ruled the wastelands together and embraced their vampire nature. Alas, my envisioned future didn’t come true but Zeke really grew on me throughout the novel and by the end I was totally rooting for him and Allison to make it work.

One of my gripes with this story though was that it took a while for the action to get going and honestly the novel was kind of long 400+ pages on my e-reader. I felt that some of the information in the beginning was just superfluous and needless repetition of what happened in the last book. I would have been happier if this book had been 100 pages shorter and then the action would have begun almost immediately.

Overall, I enjoyed The Eternity Cure, it was a solid sequel that left me excited for the next book.

Thank you Netgalley and HarlequinTeen for allowing me to review an advanced readers copy of this title.