FallingForYA

Falling For YA

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead Oh man, where do I even start? I’m pretty sure by now everyone knows how I feel about Richelle Mead. I’m pretty sure she lives in Seattle on a cloud (a rain cloud of course) and writes books she knows I will like. Richelle has some crazy direct connection to my brain she knows just when to take things seriously, then make everything funny, and then throw in some Adrian. I knew this book was going to be 5 stars before I even read it just because it was written by Richelle.

The Indigo Spell begins a few weeks after The Golden Lily, Sydney is still confused about what happened between her and Adrian and she is trying to figure out how to stay away from him (like that is ever going to work!). Sydney is also still grappling with her Alchemist belief system and the fact that they have lied to her. Much of the book deals with Sydney casting off these beliefs and making decisions for herself, it made her a lot more likeable when she wasn’t blindly following Alchemist rhetoric.

Now let’s talk about my favorite subject Adrian now ♥ I was pretty sure I couldn’t love him any more after The Golden Lily…I was wrong! If Richelle has a direct line to my brain then Adrian has a direct link to my heart. Adrian’s lines had me both swooning and laughing out loud and I’m sure I had a goofy smirk on my face for the entirety of this novel.

“But each time you use spirit, you’re more likely to go crazy.”
“Already crazy about you, Sage.”

When I read this series I feel like I have inside jokes with all the characters and other readers for example the tattoo of a pirate skeleton riding a motorcycle with a skeleton parrot throwing ninja stars that are on fire makes an appearance in The Indigo Spell. I also suddenly have a craving for fondue as I’m writing this review.

My one gripe with this book is that it was almost entirely about Adrian/Sydney (I know I should probably not be complaining about this, seeing as that’s exactly what I wanted to read about). I felt like Jill, Eddie, and Angeline were in the very far background and I wished they had been a bigger part of the story. Sydney was focusing so much on herself she was kind of neglecting her duties to Jill and the rest of the crew at school.

Overall, even with my one tiny (almost miniscule) gripe this book was easily 5 stars and my favorite read of 2013 so far! It was great spending Valentine’s Day with Adrian Ivashkov and I’m now even more excited for November when The Fiery Heart comes out so that I can finally read something from Adrian’s POV!