FallingForYA

Falling For YA

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry Thank you netgalley and Harlequin Teen for allowing me to review and advanced readers copy of this novel.

I almost never read contemporary YA, or on the off chance that I decide, Hey! I will give contemporary a try again. I end up really disliking the novel or just feeling meh afterwards. I had the exact opposite reaction to Pushing The Limits! In fact, I loved this book and could not put it down. While I was at work I kept thinking about the characters and what was going to happen next, and then when I finally got home I stayed up until 3 one night and 2 another night finishing the book! It was that kind of addictive.

The novel centers on Echo Emerson and Noah Hutchins two teens who have some intense problems and are forced to see the schools new clinical social worker. Echo has scars over her arms from an attack she doesn’t remember. Noah lost both of his parents in a fire and is now struggling in the foster care system and trying to get his two brothers back after graduation. Both Echo and Noah deal with their own situations and are eager for “normal” but when they are together they can’t deny that there is something between them and eventually they become each others solution in more ways then one.

The chemistry between Echo and Noah was seriously hot! I was constantly rooting for them to be together, and when they were apart my heart broke for both of them. The book actually alternates perspectives between the two main characters so the chemistry was all the more real. You knew exactly what each character felt for the other. The alternative perspectives didn’t detract from the story at all either. Usually I’m not a fan of alternating perspectives because one character usually sounds “realer” but equal time was spent on the development of both Noah and Echo and I liked being in both of their minds!

Needless to say this book was filled with all kinds of things I usually don’t like but miraculously McGarry brought the story together and I ended up loving every second of it! I can not wait for the companion novel which follows Noah’s sister of sorts, Beth.