FallingForYA

Falling For YA

Cold Kiss - Amy Garvey I won a copy of Cold Kiss on Facebook through the Dark Days Tour Giveaway, and I was so excited to receive this one in the mail.

At first I was a little skeptical, I have had limited success with Zombie novels and expected another meh read. Color me surprised when I ended up getting sucked in during the first chapter and could not put this book down. Amy Garvey has an easy style of writing that evokes so much emotion. I found myself genuinely empathizing with Wren after the loss of her boyfriend Danny, and then as she tries to move on but can't because of the choices she has made.

The supporting character's in Cold Kiss really made the book for me. I loved Wren's two best friends, Darcia & Jess, her younger sister Robin and especially her mother! The struggle between Wren and her Mother is so like the struggle every mother goes through with their teen that I found myself calling my own Mom and apologizing for being a horrible teenager.

Cold Kiss is for any fans of The Generation Dead series or Beautiful Creatures. And if you have a spare moment and want an emotional but not overly sad read, pick this one up!