FallingForYA

Falling For YA

Revealing Eden - Victoria Foyt I want to thank the publisher Bookmasters and Netgalley for allowing me to read a advanced readers copy of this book.

Revealing Eden: Save the Pearls was a different book then anything I had ever really read before. I am not a huge Shifters fan so this one had me grasping at straws for what I should expect out of a novel like this one. Luckily I am fully versed in dystopians and know exactly what I’m looking for in a good End of the World story. Unfortunately Revealing Eden came up short.

The world in Revealing Eden at first blush was really intriguing. I was drawn into this underground society where dark skinned coals are the ruling class and light skinned pearls are the lowliest of people. I was really disappointed when Foyt did not really expand on why the individuals were forced underground, who the bad guy “FFP” were. It was a one dimensional world that I never really understood, and by the time this started bothering me someone Eden had left the compound and was somehow surviving on the surface with no real explanation of this either.

I also had a really hard time liking the main character Eden. She was so immature and indecisive it made the story confusing. I never really found myself relating to her or the decisions she made. The relationship between Eden and Bramford was also not really to my taste. I never felt like either one of them really liked each other and this spoiled the story for me.

Overall Revealing Eden: Save the Pearls wasn’t a bad book but too many things left me saying huh? For me to give it any higher then two stars. In the future I probably won’t pick up the sequel but if you like lusty romance, and panthers you just might enjoy Revealing Eden.

For more reviews visit my blog Falling for YA