FallingForYA

Falling For YA

A Million Suns - Beth Revis This review is posted on my blog: www.fallingforya.blogspot.com

A Million Suns by Beth Revis starts just where Across the Universe left off. At first I was afraid that this book was just going to be a filler to bridge the gap between book 1 and 3. Instead I was pleasantly surprised to find an amazing work that was, in my opinion, better then the first.

A Million Suns chronicles Elder’s struggle to control the ship without Phydus in light of a mounting revolution. It also delves further into the mysteries surrounding Godspeed and Amy must follow a trail of clues left by Orion before he was frozen. Needless to say this novel was all excitement and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading and even after.

The sequel also delves more into the lives of the secondary characters aboard Godspeed and Elder’s life prior to Amy’s arrival. We get to hear more about Victria, Bartie, and Harley’s history. I really like this because the book felt more rounded and was not entirely focused on Elder and Amy.

Speaking of Elder and Amy (lovely transition, I know) there relationship really evolves in this novel and takes a turn for the better. Although it, of course, has its ups and downs it just wouldn’t be right if it didn’t! I think the relationship and character development in this novel made me enjoy it more then the first.

Needless to say this was an amazing sophomore novel and I am eagerly anticipating the release of Shades of Earth! 2013 is wwwaaaayyy too far away!