FallingForYA

Falling For YA

Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick 4.5/5 Stars

Silence is the third book in the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. Silence picks up where Crescendo leaves off. Nora has been kidnapped by the Black Hand and has been missing for 11 weeks. She wakes up on a gravesite with no memory whatsoever.

I felt that this book was much better than Crescendo, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Even with Patch trying to explain that he was only hanging with Marcie because he was her guardian angel I was left disliking Patch which hurt because I like him so much! In Silence we see how much he loves Nora and he redeems himself in my eyes.

I really liked the relationship between Nora and Patch in Silence. There wasn’t so much of the lusty “ooohhh I can’t live with you!!” that is very popular in YA. In this one Nora seems more grown up about her relationship and for once I can tell how much Patch cares for her.

The one big thing that I disliked about Silence was that for a good half of the book Nora had no memory at all. The Black Hand had erased everything. Nora had no memory of the kidnapping, nephilim, or even Patch! It was horrific and I felt that Fitzpatrick only did this to repeat everything she had said in Hush Hush and Crescendo and stretch the series into 4 books. I was really disappointed in this point. This series has such an interesting idea and storyline that Nora losing her memory actually took away from the story not added to it.

Overall I really did enjoy Silence and would definitely encourage anyone who has read the other two books in the Hush Hush series to pick it up. As an added bonus there is a short story at the end (at least there was in the e-book) about Patch’s first meeting with Nora from Patch’s perspective which was really fun!

-Emily
If you would like to read more of my reviews please visit my blog www.fallingforya.blogspot.com