FallingForYA

Falling For YA

Divergent  - Veronica Roth I have been putting off writing this review because I loved this book so much and did not really know how to put it into words. I think now a few days after finishing and a little YA Book Club Discussion I am finally ready to write my review!

Divergent is a Dystopian novel set in a future Chicago. The City is divided into five factions Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). At 16 every teen much choose which faction they would like to live with.

Beatrice Prior at the faction choosing ceremony forsakes her Faction Abnegation and chooses Dauntless. Changing her name to Tris and propelling herself into an intense and often deadly initiation.

It is while at Dauntless that she meets the Fabulous Four, one of Tris' instructors who could become something more then just a teacher.

Divergent really surprised me! I was expecting another dystopian novel trying to suck off of some of the The Hunger Games fame but I was completely wrong! Divergent is a wholly original story with well rounded characters, tons of action, and just enough romance to keep me interested.

The Characters in Divergent to me were all really well written and they had their own clear personalities. Beatrice or Tris was a breath of fresh air from many other heroines who think only about their love interest. Tris was determined, selfless, and strong. She did not only foucs on Four but was constantly worried about her fellow Dauntless initiates, her brother, parents, and the Faction system as a whole.

Now on to Four, I read somewhere that originally Divergent was written from Four's perspective and that explains why he is such a well hashed out hero, with an amazing back story. I will just admit it now I love Four!

Also, Four & Tris' relationship totally blew me away, it was sweet and serious, and just really what I wanted for the both of them! I was rooting them on the entire book and can not wait for Insurgent to come out to see where they are going!

Divergent was like an awesome action movie with something constantly happening. I was never bored reading, or wondering when something was finally going to get started. From the beginning I was hooked and could not wait to find out what was going to happen to Tris next.

I would recommend this book to anyone who liked The Hunger Games, Dystopians in general, or who just likes a good love story! I can not think of anyone who would be disappointed in Divergent.

*Sigh* The only downfall this book has is the Insurgent will not be released until 2012. The long wait begins!