FallingForYA

Falling For YA

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson I really wanted to love this book, but everything just came up short. The financial components in the story were just plain boring to me and I found myself to be skipping through those portions. I understand the Wennerstrom affair was a large part of the story but I found it to only be a means to an end (getting him to Headstead) and how the affair wrapped up was too simple and perfect. If Wennerstrom was really a "financial gangster" all of his information would not have been kept on one computer and he would not have just been sending e-mails willy nilly. It really made the story unbelievable.

I usually do not read murder mysteries so that may be the reason I did not particularly enjoy all of the action taking place on Headstead. As soon as I understood who all the characters were in the Vanger family I pretty much knew who the killer was. The Vanger family to me had too many members that we had to remember. You could have cut half the people from that family and mentioned them maybe only once and the book would have been better for it!

Above all what forced me to give this book 3 stars was the fact that Harriett Vanger was still alive. That was another Wennerstrom style cop-out that wrapped up too easily. I'm sorry but if someone is alive someone will find them, especially if Anita knew the whole time. Not only that after Harriett had been hiding out for so many years she just decides that now that Martin is dead she will come back and run the Vanger Corporation. I was dumbfounded reading the ending of this book and was left feeling unsatisfied.

Needless to say I will probably not be picking up The sequel as it is probably more of the same boring financial intrigue and murders that are solved way too easily.